Friday 15 June 2012

My First Food Festival

On the Jubilee weekend I went to Warrington for a food festival. A food festival is like a concert with food.

There were loads of food stalls out on the grass and two massive tents of smaller stalls. The stalls outside were mainly restaurants and takeaways. Inside the tents were food stalls that were mainly take home foods.

Outdoor stalls.

Ostrich burgers!

We queued up for 25 minutes and they ran out of chow mein while we were still queuing. :(

The queues for the outside food stalls were really long.

Making freshly squeezed lemonade.

Some of the indoor stalls
Cake pops

Retro Shots - these a vodkas flavoured with penny sweets e.g. drumstick lollies

Rainbow Cakes - I had their choc and chilli cake and it was tasty. Really chocolaty with a spicy kick!

So many pies!

Caribbean food. Their spicy sauce wasn't really that spicy. 

Really pretty cheesecakes.

this picture is taken on it's side but its an actual bee hive. it was awesome to see the bees making honey.

This Yorkshire Punch is non-alcoholic but promises to cure everything!

These cake were amazing. I had one of the brownies and I split a huge caramel meringue with my Auntie. 

I really enjoyed the food festival and I'm looking forward to the one in Tatton Park in a few weeks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment