Wednesday 15 August 2012

My First Food Challenge

Yesterday I went to Slattery in Prestwich. 



Slattery is a chocolate experience on three floors. It has a cake and chocolate shop at the bottom, a café in the middle and a chocolate school at the top.


Yummy cupcakes.

Tubs of chocolate covered sweets, cakes and biscuits.

Chocolate lollipops, chocolate bars, chocolate chocolate chocolate...

More chocolate cakes.

Cakes and biscuits.

As a treat for my birthday my auntie took me to Slattery for the famous Slattery's chocolate cake challenge. The challenge is a huge piece of chocolate cake with two chocolate dishes filled with ice-cream and whipped cream and two tubs filled with milk and white chocolate sauce and a hot chocolate and white and milk chocolate coins.

First they bought out my auntie's sandwich, my grandma's scone and tea and my hot chocolate. I was too excited to remember to take pictures of the other food but it looked really good. I couldn't wait to see my chocolate challenge.

I didn't really need to look at the menu, I knew what I was here for!


The dining room was packed and noisy but as my chocoalte challenge was bought out the room got quiet and everyone was looking at the cake with a big sparkler coming out of it.

IT WAS MASSIVE.




I took my first bite and the cake was wonderful. It was very chocolaty inside and outside. It was made up of layers of chocolate cake and chocolate fudge frosting. I eat the cake with the cream and ice cream to help it slide down easier. I tackled the big chocolate coins next.

10 bites in...

30 bites in and the chocolate hit me!

I started getting full within the first 10 bites but I carried on. It was a hot day to drink a hot chocolate so I asked for a glass of water to help.

By 30 mouthfuls I thought I was going to faint, I felt dizzy and I really wanted something savoury.

I carried on with small bites of cake and small sips of water but I still had the hot chocolate to drink. 


I can do it! Let me carry on!

I felt like Adam Richman on Man Vs Food. I can understand what that guy goes through for food challenges. It looked like there was so much food still left. I felt like I was back at the beginning.

I drank my hot chocolate in one go. It was unbelievably delicious. It was like drinking melted chocolate. 


Then I knew I was done. Food had won!

I took the leftovers home.

Cutting the cake for the chocolate fudge cake.

A bucket of chocolate fudge cake. 

Massive kitchen.

Bernard was the original Mr Slattery and started the bakery.

Chocolate objects.

They have a baking ingredients section.

Slattery is known worldwide for its wedding cakes and has supplied them for lots of famous people!




This is a wedding cake! No really!



My auntie wants this cake. 


 Decorating kitchen.

Chocolate cigars. I wouldn't recommend setting this on fire! 

These chocolate foods look so real.

I thought they had a Dominos stand!

I wish I bought one of those. 

And dessert... a sundae made of chocolate.

chocolate fish and chips.

Chocolate cake pops.

I have one thing to say to the famous Slattery's chocolate cake challenge: I'll be back!

2 comments:

  1. Great attempt at the challenge! Have never been to Slattery, after reading your review I now really want to go even just to see the amazing cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on trying the challenge!! It looks like you gave it a good go!

    ReplyDelete